Investigator – Card Investigations – JP Morgan Chase
Investigator – Card Investigations
JPMorgan Chase & Co. – US-NJ-Jersey City (Greater New York City Area)
View full job listing
Global Security and Investigations protects the firm’s employees and assets throughout the world. This responsibility includes the development of security and safety policies and procedures, regulatory and legislative compliance, Security guard management and alarm response, crisis management, ATM, branch and corporate building security and customer safety, physical crime investigations, workplace violence, fire and life safety, executive protection, due diligence, pre-employment screening, security operations on a global basis, fraud Investigations and cyber security.
This position is with the Global Security and Investigations Card Investigations team. The Investigator reports directly to the GS&I Assistant Director of the Card Investigations. The Investigator will conduct all card investigations to include Consumer Card, Commercial, Debit and Paymentech. The position will require an in-depth understanding of fraud investigations specific to Card and other fraud schemes. This position is responsible for leading investigations into malware that effects banking fraud (e.g. POS malware). The individual will be required to regularly interact with law enforcement, coordinating apprehension of criminals defrauding JPMC. This individual will assist in building current card investigations structure, solidifying working partnerships with the LOBs, external parties, government entities and management. The individual will also be responsible for assisting with the execution of fraud prevention and security initiatives.
- Independently conduct Card Investigations (consumer card, commercial card, debit card and Paymentech). Investigation duties include gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses and suspects, documenting in case management system, working with law enforcement for the prosecution of investigations, complying with regulatory requirements, GSI Fraud Investigation Division policies and identifying control and procedural issues.
- Ensure GS&I Card Investigations is the best in industry fraud prevention and investigation team.
- Ensure proper regulatory requirements around card investigations are fulfilled.
- Work closely with the other Card Investigations teams (Card Analytics, Code of Conduct and Fraud & Protective Intelligence)
- Work closely with law enforcement related to the regulatory reporting and prosecution of investigations.
- Generally makes decisions independently, but will consult with management on more complex issues.
- Gather thorough/accurate evidence for multiple case assignments including: financial profiles, tracing financial transactions, and reviewing background information on suspects.
- Conduct investigations into common purchase points, points of compromise, and skimming.
- Document key data and issues related to the investigation, complete investigative fieldwork and communicate the results in various written work products.
- Create internal and external reports to support findings
- Will come in contact with highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of bank operations, policies, and procedures required to facilitate investigations.
- Demonstrate independent decision making and keeps GS&I-FID management briefed on investigations.
- Gain information to aid GS&I-FID fraud detection and investigations methodology.
- Collect and evaluate ideas, technology, and industry risks.
- May involve forensic investigative analysis to support an investigation
- Partner with the various lines of business in JPMC in order to properly identify, investigate, and report relevant fraud Issues.
- Minimum of 5+ years experience investigating financial fraud.
- Minimum of 5+ years in financial sector (payments brands, banks, merchant financial section).
- Deep knowledge of card payment transactions (investigations, analytics, or network support/development).
- Experience in payment systems (issuing and acquiring).
- Experience in financial industry fraud prevention to include private wealth management, retail, wire transfer, investment banking and other financial systems/practices.
- Information Security and Compliance background a plus.
- Experience with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS), third party audits of Card related vendors, and other industry security review processes (e.g. SAS 70).
- Extensive understanding of card payment systems.
- Preferred experience working with a card brand, a financial institution, an electronic payment firm, a major merchant’s payments section, federal law enforcement or national security investigations/intelligence as background.
- Extensive experience, understanding and investigating and electronic crimes as they relate to card fraud and theft of credentials.
- Court room testimony experiences also a plus.
- Experience presenting to Management.
- Experience presenting to large audiences on fraud or investigations a plus.
- Experience in investigating ATM and Merchant skimming cases.
- Experience interpreting forensic examinations of breached payment systems, merchants or other entities.
- Experience with threats to Point of Sale systems.
- Clear understanding of card payment system (authorization, clearing and settlement and BASE I and BASE II)
- Thorough understanding of industry data security trends/standards related to Card (e.g. PCI DSS).
- Clear understanding of networks and IT related to payment systems.
- Knowledge of securing PII best practices, including both data in motion and data at rest.
- Ability to coordinate, work with and gain the trust of business stakeholders, technical resources, and third-party vendors.
- Able to articulate sophisticated fact patterns to non-technical line of business risk partners and memorialize investigations into regular reporting requirements.
- Able to interface with other bank investigators and industry peers in subjects related to fraud analytics, fraud intelligence, and fraud investigations.
- Knowledge of computers, networks, forensics, databases, and the processing of data.
- Ability to identify control gaps and recommend remediation strategies on a regular basis.
- Strong knowledge of the data required to conduct fraud analysis, link analysis, and spatial analysis.
- Knowledge of computer forensics is a plus.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with representatives of the lines of business, technology specialists, and third party vendors.
- Ability to communicate with international law enforcement and intelligence agencies to solicit their assistance in gathering card related intelligence.
- Able to brief executive level management on key issues in a timely fashion.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Criminal Justice, related field work or work experience is required.
- Masters Degree in Business Management, Public Administration, Intelligence, Engineering, or Information Technology fields a plus.
- CFE and CPP a plus
- QSA, PA-QSA, ISA, and/or ASV a plus
- CISSP, CISM, CRISC and/or CISA a plus
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.