Macy’s Logistics & Operations: Manager of Asset Protection
Edison, NJ – Macy’s Logistics & Operations: Manager of Asset Protection(
Macy’s Logistics and Operations a division of Macy’s Inc. has a great opportunity for a Asset Protecion Manager at our Raritan Distribution Center located in Edison, NJ. Reporting to the Director of Asset Protection, this position will require leadership in managing the day-to-day management functions in the area of a Distribution Logistics.
- Provide support and back up for the Director of Security.
- Oversee all aspects of the Security operations in support of the company profit objectives and customer service goals.
- To protect and monitor company assets, alarms, property, employees, and visitors through the enforcement of Company and Security Policies.
- Hire, train and supervise the Security Staff.
- Communicate with Facility Management and MLO Security on shortage/security issues. Recommend solutions as necessary.
- Identify causes of shortage within the building to include the investigation of possible internal and/or external dishonest activity.
- Insure that all Corporate Security Policies and Procedures are being followed.
- Secure and monitor the movement of trailers in and out of the facility
- Any other responsibilities management deems essential.
- Responsible for the management of Security fulfillment operations including but not limited to staff communications, staff balancing and work assignments, work scheduling and processing, throughput levels, and processing standards.
- Assist in the development of department and management of departmental budgets.
- Responsible for ensuring that departments meet or exceed performance requirements in the areas of safety, shortage, cost control, quality, processing standards, flexibility, reliability, customer service and execution to plan.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations and forecast data to determine department progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Manage and develop direct reports toward individual growth and performance excellence.
- Ensure consistent, thorough timely communication to subordinates, peers and senior management.
- Write and conduct performance appraisals for security staff.
- Provide a safe work environment for staff. Develop and enforce safe work practices.
- Organizational skills
- Communication Skills
- Leadership/teamwork skills
- Negotiating skills
- Mathematical skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Possession of highest degree of business ethics
- Sense of Urgency
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of Macys systems including: Receiving, RDS, BTR and FEDFLO, STELLA, WM (Warehouse Management).
- Ability to make good decisions and manage several processes in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent Leadership. Responsible for leading and providing direction to a team of hourly associates.
- Flexible, team player, willing to work extra hours, nights and weekends.
We offer a competitive salary, bonus incentives, excellent benefits package and an outstanding employee discount.
Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.